This winter, Edelrid is launching an extremely versatile ice tool that allows both beginners and professionals to move vertically efficiently and precisely. A lot of development work went into the construction of the patented pick with as little explosive effect as possible and the ergonomic, energy-saving handle.
This achieved Edelrid with the new ice machine Rage thanks to the ergonomic handle geometry, which is the result of countless prototype rounds over an entire winter with extensive hanging and impact tests.
Ice tool Rage: Completely new handle geometry
The shape of the groove at the bottom of the handle is designed to support the edge of the hand downwards while resting comfortably at an angle. The pronounced back sits well in the heel of the hand,
which allows the device to be optimally guided and controlled when swinging and hitting.
The development team also paid particular attention to the geometry of the handle so that it works with many different hand sizes and deliberately avoided a division between the index and middle fingers.
Individual adaptation possible
Thanks to the included spacer, the handle can also be adjusted to fit smaller hands. This spacer is inserted into the upper part of the handle, which means that the hand always sits in the same position - close to the pivot point - and the behavior of the device does not change.
New pick with minimal explosive effect
The new, patented pick is characterized by its small explosive effect, which saves unnecessary blows and, above all, valuable energy.
Modular construction offers maximum flexibility
Thanks to its modular construction and extensive accessories such as additional mixed hoe, hammer, shovel or additional weights for the hoe, the Rage is very variable and can be individually adapted to a wide range of conditions and areas of use.
It also has pronounced serrations on the handle, which ensure a good grip on flatter terrain, and a wide variety of carabiners fit into the particularly large head hole.
At a glance: Ice tool Rage from Edelrid
- New pick with little explosive effect. Extensive accessories such as mixed hoe or additional weights for the hoe offer a lot of variability.
- Larger head hole makes it easier to attach to the climbing harness.
- The modular design allows the ice tool to be adapted to a wide range of conditions.
- The second handle allows you to change hands smoothly and effortlessly.
- The completely new handle geometry ensures a controlled swing and makes it easier to hold on.
- The steel spike, which is particularly robust at 8 kn, can withstand a fall into the leash.
- Thanks to the included spacer, the handle can be easily adjusted to fit smaller hands.
- Small spikes ensure stability on flatter terrain.
That might interest you
- This rope is made from old ropes: NEO 3R from Edelrid
- This rope is cut-resistant than all others: the Edelrid Swift Protect Pro Dry
- Safe climb despite weight difference: With the ohm of Edelrid
+ + +